Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), also known as COVID-19, is a virus strain that has only spread in people since December 2019. Health experts are concerned because little is known about this new virus. It has the potential to cause severe illness and pneumonia in some people and there is not a treatment.
Find out the basics with this video from the World Health Organization.
Looking for information on the COVID-19 vaccine? Please visit our COVID-19 Vaccine Information page.
If you want to be screened for COVID-19 at a Virginia Garcia clinic you must first schedule an appointment. If you are a Virginia Garcia patient, please contact your clinic.
Please do not come to a clinic without an appointment.
Right now your help is needed more than ever. Your support will ensure that we are able to continue providing care, resources and screening to our patients and those in the community that are looking to us for help. Virginia Garcia has a plan.
Join us in our work today.
Contact tracing is the best way to find out where a virus started. If you test positive for the virus it will be important that you work with the County to identify who you have been in contact with over the past few weeks. This will help stop further spread of the virus.
Every Friday we send out a quick update on testing results, screening criteria and outreach updates. To be added to this email list, simply reach out to the Communications Team with your email.
Knowledge is power. If you hear something that doesn't sound right, fact check it. There are plenty of resources available that can help you determine what is truth and what is fiction.
- An informational video from the World Health Organization is the best place to start
- CDC Updates
- World Health Organization Updates
- Quick look chart from John's Hopkins
- Get your local information from those in the know: Oregon Health Authority Updates
- COVID-19 Information in Multiple Languages
- COVID-19 information in Mixteco
- Hesperian Health Guide's COVID-19 Information Sheet
- Yamhill County Patient Resource Guide (ENG)
- Yamhill County Patient Resource Guide (ESP)
- Yamhill County Public Health COVID-19 Resources (ENG)
- Yamhill County Public Health COVID-19 Resources (ESP)