Health Benefits

Your work at Virginia Garcia will mean that thousands of the most vulnerable individuals will have access to high quality, culturally appropriate health care. You will too.

  • Medical, Dental, Vision, Pharmacy and Alternative Care insurance
    • VG pays 82% of premium for employee, spouse/domestic partner, eligible child(ren) and eligible family members.
    • All care provided through Kaiser Permanente network of services.
  • Employer paid Long-term/Short-term Disability and Life Insurance
  • Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance
  • Flexible Spending Plans

    Medical expenses, dependent care and mass transit reimbursement

  • Employee Assistance Plan

    Includes counseling and referral services for employee, family members, and other members of household

  • Employee Travel Assistance

    Support for medical, legal and other important services.

Retirement Saving

Virginia Garcia is a great place to work but some day you will want to sail off into the sunset. We want to help with that goal.

  • 403(b) Retirement Plan

    403(b) Retirement Plan includes 100% employer match up to 4% of employee contribution, plus automatic 1% employer contribution after 12 months of employment.  Total possible match from VG is 5% of your annual salary.

  • Financial advising available for your retirement plan

Loan Repayment

Find peace of mind about those loans that helped you get to where you are today.

  • Loan Forgiveness

    Loan forgiveness opportunities for all staff through federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness.

    Learn More

Learning & Development

We believe that continuing education is critical to the growth of the individual as well as the Health Center.

  • Continuing Medical Education

    Continuing Medical Education (CME) for eligible employees which includes both financial investment and additional paid time off

  • Comprehensive learning plans for all employees

    Comprehensive learning plans for all employees including courses like Culture of Poverty, Trauma Informed Care, Collaborative Communication, Leading Effective Meetings, Intro to Coaching and Project Management Fundamentals

  • On the job training and professional growth
  • Functional Skill Growth

    Grow skills through participating in various functional work teams and committees like Equity Committee

  • Leadership Training

    Specialized training for VG staff to support their advocacy and leadership in the community

Diversity and Culture at Virginia Garcia

Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Center strives to be a place where everyone feels welcome.

Our patient population is diverse -representing over 60 languages. As a result, we attract a diverse staff that reflects the patients we serve in our clinics and our school-based health centers.  We believe a culturally appropriate environment means no matter what your background, or your circumstances, you will get the care you need from people who understand.

#WeAreVirginiaGarcia

Additional Benefits

Sometimes it just feels good to be taken care of.

  • Wellness initiatives and incentives
  • Ergonomic Work Environment

    Ergonomic assessments and equipment to support a safe work environment

  • Employee discounts

    Discounts through various national vendors

  • Local partners Discounts

    Periodic discounted shopping opportunities through local partners- up to 50% off at retailers such as Nike, Adidas and Columbia Sportswear

  • Outreach and Mobile Clinic Team Envolvment

    Ability to work directly with our Outreach and Mobile Clinic teams during the summer months

Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Center