We are honored you have chosen Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Center as your health care provider. You have many choices for whom to trust with your health and the health of your family, and we’re grateful that you chose us.
Good health depends on the patient and the provider working together as partners. Both the patient and the provider need to share timely and honest information with each other.
The patient-provider partnership is based on the following rights and responsibilities:
- Be treated with dignity and respect;
- Get timely attention to your health care needs in the language you speak;
- Have your health information be confidential and the right to consent to disclosures for purposes other than treatment, payment, and operations;
- Choose from available services and supports, those that are consistent with your treatment plan, provided in the most integrated setting in the community, and under conditions that are least restrictive to your liberty, that are least intrusive, and that provide for the greatest degree of independence;
- Have all services and health conditions explained including treatment options, expected outcomes, and possible risks and benefits; and costs when it comes to your care, including treatment of pain.
As a patient you have the responsibility to:
- Ensure that your current contact information is updated in your medical records;
- Keep appointments and call ahead at least 24 hours if you need to cancel or change an appointment;
- Pay for the services you receive;
- Contact your health plan to determine your options and coverage for referrals to specialty services.
- Build and maintain a partnership with your provider and clinic staff based on trust, cooperation, and open communication.
For a complete list of patient rights and responsibilities click on one of the following links: